Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The wedding

Luke and his bestest friend ever, Katelyn, have regularly talked about getting married for months.

Today, they decided, was a good day.

At lunch, they told their teachers at daycare that they wanted to get married. The teachers suggested they wait until after quiet/nap time (thinking they would forget about it).

After quiet time, Katelyn made herself a flower boquet. She then dressed up in a princess dress, in preparation to marry my son. Another girl was upset because she wanted to marry Luke, so Katelyn let her be a bridesmaid and gave her the flowers to carry down the isle (my boy has good taste!)

And then, while sporting a stylish clown hat, my son became a husband at the young age of 4.

And of course, the formal ceremony was followed by their first dance.

Luke was very proud of his new bride. I told him that I was proud of his choice, but that I would have liked to have been invited to his special day.

His response: "Don't worry Mom, it was just pretend. You can come when we really get married."

No comments:

Post a Comment